Tuesday, November 21, 2006

News Bits

---Peter Jackson is NOT doing The Hobbit. He was all but assumed as the director who would be behind the camera for the film, but apparently a pending lawsuit has had him bumped. I think that's bad news for the box office and credibility of the film. Another director could very well make a good film of it, but it will no doubt be a different style than the LOTR trilogy, and thus alienate many fans.

---If anyone is unaware, there is a sequel to The Fantastic Four coming out. What a bad idea. The original (Meaning current original, not the early 90s copyright saver that never saw the light of day. Human Torch) was so weak it came with fries and a drink. If I ever doubted bad acting could induce vomiting Jessica Alba tried her hardest to prove me wrong. For any comic geeks reading, the title is "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer." Is the Silver Surfer cool? Heck yea! Is the Silver Surfer likely to look like crap on film? Heck yea!

---Anybody else sick of remakes? Especially remakes of movies that were already good like The Thing?

Jim: "Hey dude, that movie was awesome!"
James: "Yea! Let's make a sequel"
Jim: "Sequel? Dude sequels are so 1985. Let's just make it again!"

---Apparently the Wachowski Brothers are making a Speed Racer movie. That excites me. Racer X is the balls.

---Continuing with geeky news, apparently Josh Holloway(Sawyer from Lost) is again being pursued to play Gambit in the next X-Men. Awesome. Forget Wolverine.

3 comments:

obito said...

I think Sawyer would be an amazing Gambit. He'd be perfect for the part. Hah. I can picture him now: "Now you listen here Freckles!"

Cubby said...

Haha, I agree. He's very good for the part. Before Lost was around, and when X-Men was already around, I pondered who could play him. Never did come up with anything. More recently(this summer?) my friend and I spent hours pondering who would be good to play Iron Man. Well, we never did think of anyone...but Jon Favreau picked...Robert Downey Jr??? WTF.

Anonymous said...

Gambit is by far the most overrated X-Man ever... but good casting choice nonetheless. And I'd heard a bit about the Peter Jackson-less Hobbit... which will probably mean a Dave-less Hobbit viewing. I mean, could you have made a good Star Wars prequel WITHOUT George Lucas? Oh...wait... bad example. Bad, bad example....