Monday, November 27, 2006

Bobby

I caught an early matinee of Bobby. I would probably have been surprised if someone told me in the past that Emilio Estevez would be a good directory, but guess what?

Sure you could say "But Cubby, Emilio directed Men at Work."

To which I would say: "Thanks for proving my point, dummy."

Now I won't go on and praise Emilio as the next great director, but I think he did show great promise in this case. I hadn't done any research about this movie before watching it, so I was surprised (pleasantly) by the plot. Instead of a film singly praising Bobby Kennedy it was a very entertaining look at the lives of various Americans who surrounded the event of his assasination.

Also of note is somehow everyone's favorite brother of Charlie Sheen managed to get EVERYBODY in this movie. Check out this cast:
Demi Moore
Harry Belefonte
Anthony Hopkins
Laurence Fishburne
Heather Graham
Helen Hunt
Joshua Jackson
Shia LaBeouf
William H Macy
Ashton Kutcher
Lindsey Lohan
Martin Sheen(how'd he get Martin Sheen? hehe)
Freddy Rodriguez
Christian Slater
Sharon Stone
Elijah Wood
Nick Cannon

This in addition to many other faces I was familiar with. Everyone was solid, but I have to say I was particularly impressed with Demi Moore, not someone I've been particularly fond of in the past.
---Four and a half Shutout Games out of Seven.

I'd like to go more in depth and discuss the film but I've got Scoop right here and I'm going to watch it!

No comments: