Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Bits

I have yet to get around to watching Sophie Scholl, so for today I'll just throw a few bits out there.

--In regards to my list of 25 films from 2006 that I want to see, no I wasn't trying to appeal to an artsy film girl crowd that I so wish would grace my page. I've got plenty of interest in budgeted and non foreign films as well, it just tends that a studio movie has better distribution. Thus, most of the more mainstream films I want to see I have. The limited release of most of the films on my list, and the fact that I don't reside in either LA or NYC make most of them tough to see before DVD. That being said, I would very happily cater to artsy film girls if they began to peruse this page.

--Famed film director Robert Altman passed away. I'd say people most know him for MASH, but I best know him thanks to my old film professor having a big old man crush on him.

--I had read an article a few days back about Quentin Tarantino being selected to act in a Takashi Miike (The director of Audition) film. It was just today though that I wondered if projects like this, and his previous side ventures such as directing an episode of CSI and guest starring on Alias were distractions that spread out his movie projects. Five films (if you count Grindhouse which is due early next year) in fifteen years is hardly prolific. Then I realized: If I had such clout I would do the exact same thing. Sure making movies is great, but as a film fan if I had the opportunity to make an occassional movie, guest star in this and that, guest direct in this and that....that would be great. Just having fun and being involved as you please. I can't say I blame him.

--For those of you who haven't seen this awesomeness...check out the trailer to 300.

--A couple of DVD bits:

20th Anniversary Edition of Transformers the Movie. Just in time to watch before we get a crappy live action version. Joy!

Deluxe Extended Edition of King Kong. WHAT? WHAT? I liked King Kong. I had no problem with it, I was entertained. But...EXTENDED edition? How much more movie could there be? I'd review this DVD for you, but I'm not sure I could get the week off of work it would take to watch it in one sitting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have only one comment; "Summer of 42" Classic! 7 out of 10 panda faces.

Cubby said...

Ahaha. You betray yourself with your words Mr. TV Thief. Summer of 42 is currently #78 in my online queue.